Sunday, August 7, 2011

Bachelor Buttons





Handheld macro is tough. The shots in this post are all done with the Nikon D80 and a Micro-Nikkor-P 50mm macro lens. Because I was doing this handheld, to keep the shutter speed up I had to open the aperture. These are all around f5.6.



While I could have used my silo or even taken the pot with these flowers indoors to get out of the wind, I enjoy chasing the shot handheld. (Plus I'm lazy.)



No, these photos aren't museum or magazine quality. But they're great for my daughter. These are her flowers. She planted them as seeds this past spring, and two of them bloomed just as she was leaving for a week long trip to California. So I took some quick photos to email her so she could enjoy them and show them to her grandparents.

After all, photography is about sharing, not technical perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment