Friday, April 15, 2011

Portrait Professional

On the left, straight from the camera. On the right, Portrait Professional 9 using default settings.
I  got a chance to play with a new toy recently. Portrait Professional software.



The photo of my daughter was taken with my D80 and a Sigma 70-300 lens (I think) with a Vivitar 285 strobe on the top left and a 150w monolight to the right.

The photo is cute out of the camera. But a friend was showing me this software, Portrait Professional 9. I decided to run that shot of my daughter through the software to see what it's like. I accepted all the defaults except for the placement of things like chin, eyebrows, and so on.

I'm VERY impressed. The skin blemishes disappeared. The software whitened her teeth and managed to leave her hair alone. Super easy to use and really cool.

This software (now up to version 10) is the next photo tool I'll buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment